Re: [Exim] limitations with embedded Perl

Author: Hilko Bengen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] limitations with embedded Perl
"Dan Muey" <dmuey@???> writes:

> I'm with you Mike, I'm interested in finding some documentation
> about it. If you could embed Perl into the mail processing guts you
> could really implement some powerful features. Not sure how it works
> but I'd definitely Look into Exim as a replacement for qmail if I
> could embed Perl in it and have my way with the messages. I use Perl
> to manipulate and parse messages all the time. Oh the things one
> could do!

As Philip said, it is easy to use the embedded Perl interpreter. And
it is powerful, too.

I have implemented a SpamAssassin client as an embedded Perl routine.
It has been used for a while on my private box and has just been
put onto our office mailserver.

You can get the files from
http://hilluzination.de/~bengen/sa-exim-filter/

I have also implemented a Milter client which works in a similar way.
It has been in productive use for a while now, but I haven't released
it yet.It still needs some work.

-Hilko