Re: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores

Author: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exchange, HELO and underscores
You guys should stop catering to the idiots. All you're doing is adding
to their "proof" that they don't have to fix their hostnames.

Communications protocols are not helped, in the long run, by being lax
in what they accept, especially when they communicate with badly behaved
junk that is not very strict in what it sends. (RFC 3117 Section 4.5)

I.e. the so-called "Robustness Principle" is almost totally useless on
the modern public Internet where all the idiots are running badly
behaved software -- i.e. software that is not strict in what it sends.

(one could probably even build an argument that "proves" M$ has allowed
their software to be badly behaved on purpose. ;-)

--
                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods@???>;           <woods@???>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; VE3TCP; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>