[Exim] Re: Spammer spoofing as a nonexistant user on my syst…

Author: VaibhaV Sharma
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Spammer spoofing as a nonexistant user on my system!
Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Matthew Palmer wrote:
>
> And then the answer drops into my lap. Which, as it turns out, I can't
> implement anyway because I've got a chain of mail hosts due to some majorly
> fscked up network design issues, where the outside one doesn't know who's
> going to get mail, and putting recipient_verify on the inner one would
> simply clog the queue on the outside one. Arrgh!

There is a solution to this, but its rather kludgy.

You can configure your domain as a virtual domain on the outer box and
put in all valid users as virtual users mapped to users on the internal
box. This way, the outer box would accept mail only for valid users.

Problem would only be when you add new users when you would have to add
entries for new users on both the boxes.

Kludgy, but would work.

VaibhaV
http://vsharma.net