Re: [Exim] Spammer spoofing as a nonexistant user on my syst…

Author: Matthew Palmer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spammer spoofing as a nonexistant user on my system!
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> > The thing to do is to not accept the messages in the first place. Then
>
> Do you have any rules to do this in Exim? I'm living with the same problem,
> though on a much lower scale, and I'd love to be able to reject DSNs to
> non-existant users, but Exim doesn't appear to do it.

And then the answer drops into my lap. Which, as it turns out, I can't
implement anyway because I've got a chain of mail hosts due to some majorly
fscked up network design issues, where the outside one doesn't know who's
going to get mail, and putting recipient_verify on the inner one would
simply clog the queue on the outside one. Arrgh!

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16