Re: [Exim] Spammer spoofing as a nonexistant user on my syst…

Author: Kevin P. Fleming
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spammer spoofing as a nonexistant user on my system!
Matthew Palmer wrote:

> And then the answer drops into my lap. Which, as it turns out, I can't
> implement anyway because I've got a chain of mail hosts due to some majorly
> fscked up network design issues, where the outside one doesn't know who's
> going to get mail, and putting recipient_verify on the inner one would
> simply clog the queue on the outside one. Arrgh!

There are ways to handle this situation, though. If you have an ACL that
can verify the recipient address is not valid, it can set a header that
a later router can check and just drop the message in the bitbucket. But
this could be bad if you really wanted to return bounces to people who
only mistyped a legitimate address... So you'd probably only want to do
it for incoming DSNs, meaning a null sender.