[Exim] Sticky bit problem

Author: ian
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Sticky bit problem
I have had a stable exim system running for a few months, no problems
until last night. I made a symlink for sendmail so I could configure php
to ise exim as the mta when using its mailto() function.

Messages stopped appearing in inboxes ... eh? after some investigation I
noticed that the sticky bit on the exim executable had become unset - set
it back and everything started to work again ..... for a while . Next
thing I know, messages are'nt being delivered again, checked the exim file
again and the sticky bit was un set - this keeps happening any one know
why?

I am using exim with Cyrus Imap amd cyrus sasl. Permissions are as follows
when its working:-
-rws--s--x    1 root     mail       533287 Feb 27 12:32 exim-4.12-4*

Ian