Re: [Exim] Sticky bit problem

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: ian
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Sticky bit problem
ian@??? wrote:

> I have had a stable exim system running for a few months, no problems
> until last night. I made a symlink for sendmail so I could configure php
> to ise exim as the mta when using its mailto() function.
>
> -rws--s--x    1 root     mail       533287 Feb 27 12:32 exim-4.12-4*

you say that the permissions for the exim binary are getting reset?

or is it the permissions for your /usr/sbin/sendmail that are getting reset?

For example, mandrake linux 9 has / had some kind of service called msec
that watches for files with what it considers unsafe permissions, and
resets these to more secure permissions.