Re: [Exim] Turn off outgoing spamassin scanning from exim.

Author: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: James Bean
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Turn off outgoing spamassin scanning from exim.
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, James Bean wrote:

> --
>
> Is there a way to tell exim not scan outgoing emails for spam?
>
> The reason I ask is that several "real" emails that have been going out
> to clients have been tagged as spam (some as high as 5.60 by
> spamassassin), and it looks unprofessional for an email going to a
> client were our own mail server as tagged it as spam........

If you are using exiscan-acl you can use an acl which excludes
"outgoing" mail.
It would be better to define that by which machine you received it from
than any sender address, since you don't want spammers bypassing the
check by pretending that the mail came from you.
(Don't forget that mailing lists and remote aliases mean that
genuine mail from your users may reach you from a remote machine.)

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna