Re: [Exim] big single-key-lookup problems

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Michael Jakscht
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] big single-key-lookup problems
On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Michael Jakscht wrote:

> It would be very very nice, if someone please could explain where
> the differences between the different lookup types are.
> When have I got to use an lsearch lookup, and when do I have to use
> a wildlsearch lookup?

[I have been away in Uganda for two weeks, teaching at an Internet
workshop, and am just catching up on a backlog of email. Hence this late
response to your message.]

For lsearch, the key in the file is a literal string. For wildlsearch it
can be wildcarded.

lsearch is faster because it doesn't have to handle wild cards.

lsearch files can be converted to DBM, cdb, or any other single-key
lookup data; wildlsearch files cannot.

That's the "executive summary".

> I already debugged these settings and noticed, that whatever lookup
> type (lsearch, wildlsearch, partial-lsearch, partial-wildlsearch) I
> took, the second argument (the lookup result) was always empty.
> Exim tried to lookup the stuff out of /etc/exim/mailinglists I think
> three or four times, gave up and the result was, of course then,
> empty.

Show us the debug output; maybe that will elicit further help.