[Exim] big single-key-lookup problems

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Michael Jakscht
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] big single-key-lookup problems
Hi,

I'm experiencing big problems while trying to look up stuff from
files.
It would be very very nice, if someone please could explain where
the differences between the different lookup types are.
When have I got to use an lsearch lookup, and when do I have to use
a wildlsearch lookup?
Where are the advantages/disadvantages?
As far as I could read the spec (4.20), it seems that I do not fully
understand these lookup types.
Unfortunately, no one did respond to my previous questions, which I
regret very much.
Hopefully someone feels so good and wants to help me with this
problem, as I got very very stuck here.

To explain why I am asking this - I am trying to set up a mail2news
gateway for various mailing lists, newsletter and other mails to get
those mails into an inn newsserver and then to be able to read those
mails better and more comfortable. Of course there are reasons to
minimize the traffic costs of the dedicated line as well.

So this is what I already have - a router which catches a given
localpart and a pipe transport which I expect to call the gateway
program and pipe the message to the inn server.

I already debugged these settings and noticed, that whatever lookup
type (lsearch, wildlsearch, partial-lsearch, partial-wildlsearch) I
took, the second argument (the lookup result) was always empty.
Exim tried to lookup the stuff out of /etc/exim/mailinglists I think
three or four times, gave up and the result was, of course then,
empty.
But why was this so?
I'm really totally confused...

PLEASE help me!

Here is the code:

===============================
# Mail2News
mail2news_router:
  driver = accept
  domains = +local_domains
  condition = "${if and { \
                        {eq {$local_part}{listuser}} \
                        {eq {$domain}{vit.de}} \
                        } {yes}{no}}"
  no_verify
  no_expn
  transport = mail2news_transport

use_bsmtp
path
= "/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/opt/exim4/bin:/opt/mail2news"
return_path_add = false
log_output = true
log_defer_output = true
return_output = true