Re: [Exim] brightmail integration with exim

Author: Thomas Tonino
To: Ronny Vaningh
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] brightmail integration with exim
Ronny Vaningh wrote:

> All of the commercial Anti Spam stuff seems to integrate with milter in
> some way ... and I don't want to abandon the exim track I'm currently
> pushing.

There are numerous examples that used the pipe transport to send mail through a
filter for delivery. The filter will then call exim again to re-inject the mail
if it should be delivered. I'm pretty sure they can be found in the list archives.

Or you could look at using spamassassin. It seems to be a decent spam detector,
and it can be used with exim. To connect it to Exim, try exiscan
(http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/) or mailscanner
(http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/).

Thomas