Re: [Exim] local delivery with no domain

Author: Andreas J Mueller
To: Gregor MacLennan
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] local delivery with no domain
Hi Gregor!

> I am running exim on a small LAN and want to use it for local delivery.

Which version, Exim 3 or 4?

> Is it possible to set exim up so that mail sent to simply "user" will
> be redirected to "user@???" for delivery locally - to save
> typing in the whole address for quick local mails we are always sending
> off.

This is from the Exim 4 spec:

Mail from local users to unqualified addresses will always be
qualified using the qualify_domain setting (defaults to
primary_hostname). If you also want to allow unqualified recipient
addresses over SMTP from remote sources, you need to set the
receiver_unqualified_hosts option to the hosts that should be allowed
to do so.

Andy

--
Andreas J. Mueller                            email: <andy@???>