Re: [Exim] php & exim for newsletter bulk mail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: James Fassett
To: exim-users
CC: Jonathan Vanasco
Betreff: Re: [Exim] php & exim for newsletter bulk mail
> can you do any perl/python on your system? you could have php write a
> datafile, and a perl/python cronjob checks to see if its there and then
> does all the processing.

That's a good idea; however I am in the situation where I can't set that up
just yet. In fact, I need a solution by the end of today that will
adequately handle this. (by adequately I mean just barely)

PHP timeout issues are not a problem (you can set it to any arbitrary value
as a config setting) and the re-fresh solution is an old stand-by.

I was hoping exim could read some sort of queue file that I could have php
generate.

Creating my own queue file / Perl / cron solution to feed exim is the type
of thing I amy not be able to do in 1 day.

Thank you kindly for the advice.

James.