[Exim] Re: OT: export exchange2000 gal to a flat file

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Patrick Starrenburg
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Re: OT: export exchange2000 gal to a flat file
On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 23:38:58 GMT Ronny Vaningh wrote:

> Has anybody tried a way to:
>
> import the global address list by ldap into a dbm file.
> exporting the gal on windows an then transfering it upto the exim box.

As mentioned in other posting, we have developed solution for getting
address list out of Exchange into DBM which is used by Exim to
accept/reject mail at RCPT time. The list is automatically updated via
diff around every four hours. We have this fully documented...

From our site "Exim Tweaks" document:

Email address database

As of may 2003 we are keeping an excerpt of the exchange LDAP database in
/usr/exim/emails.db. This emails database consists of a key and a value
column. The keys list all the valid e-mail addresses for the European
users. The value with each key is the primary (=reply) e-mail address of
the person that has the address in the key.

For instance: "A User" has primary e-mail address a.user@???.
His entries look like this:

Contents
1. Email address database
2. crontab
3. mkemaildb
4. getlsearch
5. getldap

One catch - the document (as it has been written) has company specific
information in it - addresses etc. - which I do not want to post to a
public forum. We are more than happy to share with anyone on request.
Simply send a mail to my reply address (our postmaster address) and we
will attach in return mail. (the reply address is encrypted by Gmane just
in case you are wondering, or you can figure out the address with the
info in this post :-) )

Patrick Starrenburg
Postmaster
BenQ Europe