Re: [Exim] problem with address rewriting

Author: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
To: Tom Kinghorn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] problem with address rewriting
On Wed, 28 May 2003, Tom Kinghorn wrote:

> --
>

> Hi all.
>
> Please can someone point me in the right direction.
> I have a number of domains going to 1 exchange server.
>
> I have set up address rewriting in the form of a dsearch which works okay.
>
> The problem is that I need to duplicate all users for the primary domain into files of the other domains.
>
> i.e
> domain1.tld contains
>
> user1    user1@???
> user2    mailto:user2@server.domain.tld.......etc

> now domain2.tld needs to contain the same.
> user1    user1@???
> user2    mailto:user2@server.domain.tld.......etc

> Is there a way of making all domains use the same file instead of duplicating it???
>
> my config currently contains:
> begin rewrite
> *@dsearch;/usr/exim/alias-file/    ${lookup{$1$2}partial-lsearch\
>                               {/usr/exim/alias-file/$domain}{$value}fail} ET

Am I missing something here ?
If all domains use the same file, don't put the domain variable into
the file name. Ie do soemthing like
    begin rewrite
    *@dsearch;/usr/exim/alias-file/    ${lookup{$1$2}partial-lsearch\
    {/usr/exim/alias-file/domain1.tld}{$value}fail} ET
?

Having said that I don't understand what this line is doing.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna