[Exim] Which libdb.so?

Author: Doug Jolley
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Which libdb.so?
Hi --

I'm trying to compile Exim under Slackware 9.0. I was getting
complaints that libdb.so could not be found. Sure enough,
/lib/libdb.so didn't exist. There was a libdb.so.2 and a libdb.so.3.
For want of something better to do, I linked libdb.so to
libdb.so.2. Viola! It compiled. I feel uncomfortable because
I could have just have well picked libdb.so.3. I would have
picked libdb.so.1 if it had been available because that would
have been consistent with some of the other libraries.

Anyway, my question is: Did I do the right thing here; or,
is this going to bite me later in the form of runtime problems?

Thanks for any input.

     ... doug
Doug Jolley     mailto://doug@???      http://www.footech.com
         Don't bogart that file, my friend.  Net it over to me.