Re: [Exim] Yahoo and sender verification callout

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Marc Haber, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Yahoo and sender verification callout
At 15:55 +0200 2003/05/21, Marc Haber wrote:
[...]
>That seems to be temporary. At this moment, that address gives "250"
>on RCPT TO and "554" after DATA.
>
>Is there any Internet protocol that yahoo does indeed respect?

is that specifically in violation of an internet protocol? I ask as I
similarly reject after DATA when the spam score at DATA is higher
that at RCPT time, this can happen if the spammer has hit many
unknown local users, as each of these will increment the score. I can
then better protect existing users that happen to be in a dictionary
scan run or other multiple recipent spam delivery.
Also, any content based rejection will reject at that stage.

Giuliano