Re: [Exim] Yahoo and sender verification callout

Author: William Thompson
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Yahoo and sender verification callout
> >> <wt@???> wrote:
> >> That seems to be temporary. At this moment, that address gives "250"
> >> on RCPT TO and "554" after DATA.
> >
> >Some sites like us accept all mail so that an admin can review the message
> >and forward if the (l)user got the address wrong.
>
> That's OK, IMO, as long as a message is accepted in the first place.

It is accepted. The only time that it's not is if I have an alias forced to
fail. If you *REALLY* wanted to see if an address existed in SMTP (atleast
for us), you can use the address in MAIL FROM. If it's valid, it'll work,
if not, it won't. I've set it up so that bad senders in my domain doesn't
work, but bad recipients do.

> Yahoo knows pretty well that their domains are probably the most
> abused domains on the Internet, and making it hard to distinguish a
> valid yahoo address from an invalid one is not a wise move.

True, but turning it around, it can polute dictionary scans with too many
false positives depending on how braindead they are.

I personally think spammers should be drug out into the street and shot. Or
atleast have an angry mob with an arsenal of cans of spam and spam the guy
to death =)