Re: [Exim] Trash for undeliverible messages

Author: Wakko Warner
To: hans, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Trash for undeliverible messages
> > Now exim sends
> > copy of the error message. But how to configure it will send only the
> > original message? I imagine an smmartuser director which will accept the
> > message, saves it, but how to accomplish an error message would be send to
> > sender?
>
>    I have tried this director (as last one):

> unknowenuser:
>     driver = smartuser
>     new_address = trash,:fail:

> but the message just failes (error message is sent) but
> no mail is sent to user trash.
> Do I also need to set up a special transport?

I did this at work, but since you said director, I must assume exim 3.x.

To quote Nico "Upgrade to Exim 4".

I did something like (4.x, I don't remember 3.x anymore).

unknownuser:
    driver = redirect
    data = mynewalias
    unseen

key word there is unseen. then after it:

failuser:
    driver = redirect
    data = :fail:My fail reason
    allow_fail