Re: [Exim] Trash for undeliverible messages

Author: Hans Ginzel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Trash for undeliverible messages
On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 01:18:21PM +0200, Hans Ginzel wrote:
>    how can I configure a "Trash" for messages, thats can't be delivered
> to local users (becase such user does not exist). I wish an message
> about "undeliverible message, unknown local part in domain" would be
> sent to sender as exim does OK, but also the original message would be
> saved (added) into say /var/mail/trash.

>    I have tried the errors_copy option. When I set it

>     errors_copy = *@* trash@localhost

> in the main configuration part of the exim.cfg I get
>
>     2003-05-19 12:57:59 Exim configuration error
>       transport name missing in line 167

That was my bug, I put it after the end word. Now exim sends
copy of the error message. But how to configure it will send only the
original message? I imagine an smmartuser director which will accept the
message, saves it, but how to accomplish an error message would be send to
sender?

    Thanks

                     Hans Ginzel
--
I am using exim 3.36 on Debian GNU/Linux Woody.