[Exim] ADMINISTRIVIA: Putting my money where my mouth is...

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] ADMINISTRIVIA: Putting my money where my mouth is...
Having run an exim 3.3x version for the last year and longer (the
package was last updated early 2002), exim.org has today been
transitioned to 4.20 with the exiscan_acl 06 patch set (specifically its
running the binary rpm thats on the ftp site).

It is obviously quite possible I managed to break something during the
transition - the config is relatively complex. If you see something
broken then let me know.

A large number of attachment types are completely blocked - hopefully
preventing successful attempts of the type already seen today where
Windows worms are attempting to post rubbish to the lists forged from
members of the list.

Sender verification is now done by callback - although this is done in
such a way that callback process failures will not block senders.

        Nigel.