[Exim] $acl_m vars

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] $acl_m vars
I am puzzled by the acl_mX variables. It seems that their value is
not kept across ACLs, although the NewStuff says:

     (2) The values of $acl_m0 to $acl_m9 persist only while a message is being
         received. They are reset afterwards. They are also reset by MAIL, RSET,
         EHLO, HELO, and after starting up a TLS session. However, they still
         contain their values when the local_scan() function is run.

so, I initialise them to 0 during the mail acl (because otherwise
they will be reset), I then change them during the rcpt acl and then
when I output them in the data acl they are empty again.

I am now using only acl_cX variables and the m type only for local
use in an acl.

They look very useful, my pre-data filter can now score spam quite
reliably and offer the end user the choice watermark over which to
reject incoming mail.

Giuliano

--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/