Re: [Exim] TARPIT ACL - for Spam Control

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Thomas Tonino, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] TARPIT ACL - for Spam Control
At 11:40 +0200 2003/05/12, Thomas Tonino wrote:
>Philip Hazel wrote:
>
>>Use of "delay" shouldn't affect the use of "message". If you can send a
>>real example that I can reproduce, I will investigate (but not
>>immediately).
>
>I'm sorry, I made a mistake in my post: what I meant to say was that "message"
>doesn't seem to produce anything when used in an "accept" (in
>combination with a
>delay, but that should not matter). In any case it does not message
>back to the
>SMTP session.
>
>I'd like to use this to warn a sender why they see a slow response:
>they are on
>a DUL list.

the sender is not a human (at this level). If you accept it means
that the message will be delivered. So it cannot generate a temporary
or permanent failure, the only way to have an error message generated
and sent back to the sender. And note that under temporary error
conditions the error message is only generated after the delivery
attempt has failed for a certain amount of time.

Giuliano