Re: [Exim] Sender callout verification only for certain doma…

Author: Andreas J Mueller
To: Kevin P. Fleming
Subject: Re: [Exim] Sender callout verification only for certain domains
Hi Kevin!

> These two methods are equally valid, and I don't see that there's any particular
> advantage to option #2; in fact, option #2 has the "hidden" requirement that it
> must be done in exactly the order listed, whereas in option #1 the two "domains"
> checks could be reversed with no ill effects.

I spent a few minutes looking through the Exim 4 source, and what you
say sounds true. For each verb, ACL conditions are evaluated top-down
and short-circuited (if a condition is false, further conditions will
not be tested, and processing will continue with the next verb). I
wasn't aware of the fact that a condition like "domains = [...]" may
be used multiple times in a single verb. This may be applied like the
way Ralf did it and deserves to be mentioned explicitly in the Exim
specification (because it's not obvious).

Andy

--
Andreas J. Mueller                            email: <andy@???>