RE: [Exim] Re Exim in the news

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Re Exim in the news
På to , 08/05/2003 klokka 16:24, skreiv Hämäläinen Jori:

> I love my our company systems (closed) because it allows me to do
> a lot of stuff with one interface and that stuff can be synced to my
> GSM phone as well as pocketpc & laptop. This means emails, calendar,
> task lists&reminders etc. and other people can interact with that.

Working from the newest to the oldest postings through the list,
stumbled on this. I just wondered why you're using Exim if
Exchange/Notes are so much better.

No-one disputes that the user should have an interface that ensures the
greatest possible ease of use (think "productivity") consistent with a
stable environment. But if a commercial MTA fills your needs, why not
stick to closed source? I'll probably find your answer further back.

My reasons for using Exim (and associated open source IMAP, LDAP,
SpamAssassin etc) rather than any commercial combination a commercial
MTA offers, would be utter stability, security and this group. Open and
commercial source software can be combined very well, if monopolistic
tendencies don't eliminate this possibility.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Do not come to visit me with both arms the same length.

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Tony Earnshaw