Re: [Exim] Re Exim in the news

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: Nathan Ollerenshaw, nvddussen, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re Exim in the news
On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 11:41, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> At 06:38 PM 5/8/2003 +0900, Nathan Ollerenshaw wrote:
> >Bynari's Insight Connector is not free. I suspect (but I havn't
> >checked) that it is cheaper than buying a similarly priced number of
> >client access licenses for Exchange. I also suspect that someone out
> >there will see this void and decide they will fill it with a free
> >version of Bynari's connector.
>
> Tried Ximian Evolution's Exchange connector? Much, much better -
> especially in the 1.3.2 version

They are very different things.

Bynari's product is an outlook plugin which allows outlook to do all the
fancy exchange type functionality on a standards based imap/smtp/ldap
etc server.

Ximians connector allows a linux client (running Ximian Evolution) to
access fancy stuff on an exchange server.

    Nigel.