Re: [Exim] mime (rfc-2047) decode patch

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] mime (rfc-2047) decode patch
> > There is a Wish List item about this. My feeling was that it should
> > happen automatically (because many users won't understand it), because
> > we now have $rheader_ for "raw" headers.
>
> I see. I made it happen automatically when header value is acquired.

sieve.c also contains rfc2047 decoding functions, so we may be able to
merge some things. It's not exactly trivial if you want to do a better
job than some MUAs, but indeed very useful, hence required by Sieve.
It decodes everything to UTF-8 and my implementation is able to deal with
=00, but I doubt that automatic conversion to UTF-8 would be a good idea
in the Exim filter, unless it took UTF-8 filter scripts.

> You can make exim use 'iconv' in character set conversions
> by editing the end of Local/Makefile after applying the patch.

I already introduced HAVE_ICONV in the OS header files for Linux, Solaris
and HP-UX for Sieve support, so you can rely on using that.

Michael