Re: [Exim] X-Originating-IP header and SPAM

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Łukasz Grochal
CC: Jaco van der Schyff, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] X-Originating-IP header and SPAM
On Tue, 6 May 2003, [iso-8859-2] ?ukasz Grochal wrote:

> Jaco van der Schyff <jvds@???> writes:
>
> > I do not see an entry in my mainlog at this time for such an alleged
> > message.
>
> Perhaps you have an open HTTP proxy which allows people to CONNECT
> from an arbitrary IP to an arbitrary destination.

Indeed. I'd suggest looking-up the address at one of the open-proxy
blackists to see if they've already been spotted (since the original
poster only included an obfuscated IP address, we can't really do this
for them). http://openrbl.org and http://relays.osirusoft.com provide
useful summaries from a range of individual blacklists.