[Exim] mime (rfc-2047) decode patch

Author: Norihisa Washitake
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] mime (rfc-2047) decode patch
Hello,

Email messages written in multi-byte languages, including Japanese
language, usually have MIME encoded headers as defined in RFC 2047.
It makes filtering of messages a little bit difficult, so I wrote
a small patch to enable decoding the headers before filtering if
necessary.

With this patch, you can write your filter like:

> if ${mime_decode:$header_Subject:} contains "brah_brah"
> then
>    logwrite "psss, it may be a spam..."
> endif

This "mime_decode" operator also does character set conversion (only
conversion from ISO-2022-JP to EUC-JP is supported right now though),
as well as Base64 or Quoted Printable decoding.

To download or for the detail, please visit the webpage:
http://washitake.com/mail/exim/mime/index.php.en

I named it 'eximime', but better names welcome :)

Regards,
--
Norihisa Washitake
Dept of Earth Sciences, Sci, The University of Tokyo