Re: [Exim] Flushing the queue

Author: Sascha Carlin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Flushing the queue
On 27 Apr 2003 08:10:28 +0530
Suresh Ramasubramanian <linux@???> wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 08:05, Sascha Carlin wrote:
> > 1. exim is started by 'exim -bd'.
> > 2. we do 'exim -q' and wait for exim flushing (i. e. sending and
> >    devliering all mails in the queue).
> > 3. we power-off the system.
> you don't even need to start exim as a daemon.

Well, it runs 24/7, so at the time we want this flushing to happen, exim is running.

> exim -qff -v - and have a manualroute driver to handoff outbound mail > to a smarthost would be a great idea. Make things far faster.

Speed isnt soo important, most important is that the queue is emptied properly.

Thanks so far Suresh, -qff -v look good ;)

Regards, Sascha

--
Sascha Carlin * Heidelberger Str. 15 * 64283 Darmstadt
http://www.itst.org/aktiv.php * +49 (6151) 308 720