Re: [Exim] Flushing the queue

Author: John (TJ) Penton
To: Sascha Carlin
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Flushing the queue
On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Sascha Carlin wrote:

> On 27 Apr 2003 08:10:28 +0530
> Suresh Ramasubramanian <linux@???> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 08:05, Sascha Carlin wrote:
> > > 1. exim is started by 'exim -bd'.
> > > 2. we do 'exim -q' and wait for exim flushing (i. e. sending and
> > >    devliering all mails in the queue).
> > > 3. we power-off the system.
> > you don't even need to start exim as a daemon.
> Well, it runs 24/7, so at the time we want this flushing to happen,
> exim is running.

You ought to stop exim (or do something) before you do the flush -
otherwise you might have emails arrive and be queued just after you have
flushed the queue.

John

--
Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he
thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" -