Re: [Exim] domainlist localdomains perl expansion

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Jez Hancock
CC: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [Exim] domainlist localdomains perl expansion
Jez Hancock wrote:

>>Yep, pretty sure.
> Sincere apologies - I can only think I forgot to send a hangup signal
> to Exim after I'd made the changes you suggested.

;))

>>Your're wrong, why it should fail? It will only fail if exim can't
>>access the file, for whatever reason.
>
> I concur - I was under the false impression that the output of
> exim -bP +local_domains should be populated with the expanded list
> of local domains, such as:

No, this is impossible because exim would need to do the whole
expansion-stuff then, and this can't be done because not all variablea
are initilized ($domain, etc)

> domainlist local_domains = @ : example1.com : example2.com
>
> I was too busy trying to make it hard... either that or I have an
> unhealthy fixation with perl glue.

Well, there is nothing wrong with perl, but the most things can be
solved with plain exim expansions, if you can't find a solution, read
spec.txt+NewStuff if you still can't find a way, ask the list.

Nico