Re: [Exim] domainlist localdomains perl expansion

Author: Jez Hancock
To: Exim Users List
CC: Nico Erfurth
Subject: Re: [Exim] domainlist localdomains perl expansion
On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 05:31:24PM +0200, Nico Erfurth wrote:
> Jez Hancock wrote:

> >>Hu?
> >>Why easy, when you can make it the hard way, eh? ;)
> >>
> >>domainlist local_domains = @ : /etc/mail/local-host-names
> >
> >Are you sure your syntax is correct?
>
> Yep, pretty sure.

Sincere apologies - I can only think I forgot to send a hangup signal
to Exim after I'd made the changes you suggested.

> >[16:15:47] root@users /usr/local/etc/exim# exim -bP +local_domains
> >domainlist local_domains = @ : "/etc/mail/local-host-names.exim"
>
> But this looks wrong to me, at least I can remember someone haveing
> problems with exactly THIS last week, because exim will handle your
> string as a domainname, not as an inclusion.
>
> >With your suggestion routing would fail because the domain list isn't
> >populated. Correct me if
> >I'm wrong :)
>
> Your're wrong, why it should fail? It will only fail if exim can't
> access the file, for whatever reason.

I concur - I was under the false impression that the output of
exim -bP +local_domains should be populated with the expanded list
of local domains, such as:

domainlist local_domains = @ : example1.com : example2.com

I was too busy trying to make it hard... either that or I have an
unhealthy fixation with perl glue.

Many thanks,

Jez
- Albert Einstein