Re: [Exim] domainlist localdomains perl expansion

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Jez Hancock
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] domainlist localdomains perl expansion
Jez Hancock wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 03:06:00PM +0200, Nico Erfurth wrote:
>
>>Jez Hancock wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I'm having trouble getting a perl script to expand a list of domains from
>>>a sendmail style
>>>local-host-names file (ie one domain per line).
>>
>>Hu?
>>Why easy, when you can make it the hard way, eh? ;)
>>
>>domainlist local_domains = @ : /etc/mail/local-host-names
>
> Are you sure your syntax is correct?

Yep, pretty sure.

> [16:15:47] root@users /usr/local/etc/exim# exim -bP +local_domains
> domainlist local_domains = @ : "/etc/mail/local-host-names.exim"

But this looks wrong to me, at least I can remember someone haveing
problems with exactly THIS last week, because exim will handle your
string as a domainname, not as an inclusion.

> With your suggestion routing would fail because the domain list isn't populated. Correct me if
> I'm wrong :)

Your're wrong, why it should fail? It will only fail if exim can't
access the file, for whatever reason.

Nico