[Exim] Connection timed out:  retry timeout exceeded

Author: Andy Lear
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Connection timed out:  retry timeout exceeded
Hi,

One of our clients has a dialup connection for his SMTP feed and he had
trouble with the server a few weeks ago, now whenever his server is
connected to the internet our exim servers can deliver to it, but when
it is down the messages sent to it are bounced immediately.

We have tried using "delay_after_cutoff = false" but this doesn't seem
to help.

Is there any way of clearing the timeout information held against this
domain by the exim servers?

One is running 3.4 the other 4.12

Many thanks for your help

Andy