RE: [Exim] redhat 9 and tls support

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] redhat 9 and tls support
søn, 20.04.2003 kl. 16.35 skrev Simon Bell:

> OK, by upgrade I mean I installed a fresh copy of redhat 9 whereas I was
> using redhat 8 before. I had backed up my Exim Makefile from redhat 8
> and checked for any changes in locations of libs and includes but they
> were fine. I am using Exim 4.14. I downloaded the source of exim from
> the cambridge ftp site. The OpenSSL I am using was just installed out of
> the box with redhat 9.

Amazing. For me Openssl is v0.9.7a from Openssl.org, Exim is v4.14.

Installing the original Openssl source meant renaming libs and such and
making new symlinks for applications and utilities one by one, until I
was convinced that there were no conflicts any longer with the v0.9.6b
that RH had kindly installed for me with my system. Trying 'rpm -e' gave
me all kinds of dependency faults, that I didn't dare ignore until I'd
assured myself that the new stuff worked.

In my Exim Makefile I have:

SUPPORT_TLS=yes
TLS_LIBS=-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto
TLS_INCLUDE=-I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl

I guess the last one is what you need, though I have no idea where RH
installed the original Openssl headers (wouldn't surprise me if it were
/usr/include.) Since it's a new install, try installing Openssl source
and then ripping out the RH Openssl ('rpm -e'), though that's
notoriously difficult until the dependencies have been removed (i.a.
Perl dependencies, which for you would be Perl 5.8 and I don't know how
I'd do that unless I were feeling suicidal)

Goodness me, I do hate rpms.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Do not come to visit me with both arms the same length.

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl