Re: [Fwd: [SpamCop (195.70.42.158) id:201945753]Re: [Exim] T…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: Tony Earnshaw, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [SpamCop (195.70.42.158) id:201945753]Re: [Exim] Tricky configuration] (fwd)
On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 16:38, Tabor J. Wells wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 05:22:17PM +0200,
> Tony Earnshaw <tonni@???> is thought to have said:
> > That's pretty serious, isn't it?
>
> Yes. I think the only thing worse is when Nigel blocks an entire domain from
> being able to sign up for the list. :)

Umm... I've just looked at the block list - its not all that long - 14
entries in total, of those around half are domains that have
persistantly spammed the list (currently it appears that is a list of
domains matching art*.{com,net} - dunno why we get so much from art
spammers). The others are single addresses that have had seriously
broken autoreplies.

You normally have to try quite hard to make the block list. Threatening
to sue can work tho.

The originator of the spamcop complaint has contacted me and said it was
a mistake, so the block was removed.

    Nigel.