Re: [Fwd: [SpamCop (195.70.42.158) id:201945753]Re: [Exim] T…

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Tony Earnshaw
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: Re[3]: [Exim] Tricky configuration] (fwd)
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [SpamCop (195.70.42.158) id:201945753]Re: [Exim] Tricky configuration] (fwd)
On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 05:22:17PM +0200,
Tony Earnshaw <tonni@???> is thought to have said:

> tor, 10.04.2003 kl. 14.48 skrev Nigel Metheringham:
>
> > On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 13:28, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:
> > > and now would this smartass please step up ?
> >
> > He can't - I've just unsubbed him and blocked him from the list
> > completely.
>
> I have a feeling that I should understand what this is all about (I have
> heard of Spamcop, that's all; for the rest I confess to being
> intellectually challenged and senile.)
>
> That's pretty serious, isn't it?

Yes. I think the only thing worse is when Nigel blocks an entire domain from
being able to sign up for the list. :)

Essentially this person signed up for exim-users, confirmed their
subscription, and then reported the mail from exim-users as spam to Spamcop.
This generates a nice little complaint form to (presumably) Nigel's ISP.

Enough complaints to Spamcop and it'll end up on the Spamcop blacklist which
some sites use to block mail (although given some of the more broken
behavior of Spamcop I can't understand why anyone would want to use
the SC blacklist in a production environment).

There are a variety of other problems with SC that it's probably not worth
going into here.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality