Re: [Exim] Operating systems

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Pierre A. Humblet
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Kopio: exim-users, Dickenson, Steven, 'Ian Cox'
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Operating systems
Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 02:45, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> > The main limitation of the port is that it only supports a limited
> > number of lookups for now (no ldap, no mysql).
>
> It doesn't do AUTH, and Cygwin, last time I looked at it, has no concept
> of groups / GID. [Last time == 6 months ago]

Groups (and ACLs) are a very important concept in Windows and Cygwin has
fully supported them for years. Exim on Cygwin also does AUTH.
In fact the precompiled version is made with

AUTH_CRAM_MD5=yes
AUTH_PLAINTEXT=yes
# AUTH_SPA=yes

SUPPORT_TLS=yes
TLS_LIBS=-lssl -lcrypto

ROUTER_ACCEPT=yes
ROUTER_DNSLOOKUP=yes
ROUTER_IPLITERAL=yes
ROUTER_MANUALROUTE=yes
ROUTER_QUERYPROGRAM=yes
ROUTER_REDIRECT=yes

TRANSPORT_APPENDFILE=yes
TRANSPORT_AUTOREPLY=yes
TRANSPORT_PIPE=yes
TRANSPORT_SMTP=yes

SUPPORT_MAILDIR=yes
SUPPORT_MAILSTORE=yes
SUPPORT_MBX=yes

LOOKUP_DBM=yes
LOOKUP_LSEARCH=yes

# LOOKUP_CDB=yes
LOOKUP_DNSDB=yes
# LOOKUP_DSEARCH=yes
# LOOKUP_LDAP=yes
# LOOKUP_MYSQL=yes
# LOOKUP_NIS=yes
# LOOKUP_NISPLUS=yes
# LOOKUP_ORACLE=yes
LOOKUP_PASSWD=yes
# LOOKUP_PGSQL=yes
# LOOKUP_WHOSON=yes

> There's a much more stable / high performance "unix on windows" by the
> way - Interix (aka Microsoft Services For Unix), which has a rather
> heavily patched sendmail install.

Thanks for the info.

Pierre