Re: [Exim] procmail and exim

Autor: Kirill Miazine
A: Stelios Asmargianakis
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] procmail and exim
Stelios Asmargianakis wrote:

> My.procmailrc is quit simple just for testing
>
> bash-2.05$ cat .procmailrc
> :0:
> * ^From:.*asmar@medisign\.gr
> /dev/null

Aha, you have no instructions on delivering to /home/you/mail in your
.procmailrc. As somebody already suggested, setting

    DEFAULT=/home/you/mail/inbox

$DEFAULT defaults to $ORGMAIL (ORiGinal MAILbox) which is /var/mail/user
on some systems and /var/spool/mail/user on other systems.

> If i use a .forward file
> bash-2.05$ cat .forward.old
> |/usr/bin/procmail
>
> then i can't get any email and when i am turning it off(simply rename)

You mean you can't get anything in /home/you/mail/inbox, right?

> the filters are working but as i say before only at /var/spool/mail and
> not at /home/myaccount/mail

Try setting DEFAULT as suggested abouve.

--
Kirill Miazine
mailto:km@krot.org