Re[2]: [Exim] Operating systems

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: Re[2]: [Exim] Operating systems
On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 06:04:43 +0530 Suresh Ramasubramanian <mallet@???> wrote:

> On Monday, April 07, 2003 3:10 PM [GMT+0530=IST],
> Ian Cox <iancox@???> wrote:

> > Exim looks good but seems to be for Unix only. Is this the case? Can
> > anyone suggest any low-cost alternatives?

> You could simply set up a linux / unix box as a frontend to your windows
> server, and then adjust your firewall / router filters so that no other
> IP except your unix box can reach it.

> The unix box accepts mail and then passes it to windows, and it also
> does "smarthosting" to relay outbound mails from the windows box.

this is actually excellent security policy. i've managed IT at shops which
were locked into M$ Exchange, and i've always try my damndest to put some
sort of well locked down unix/linux box on the outside of the firewall to
hid the M$ products.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???