Re: [Exim] Special routing for AOL (gettin' jerked around by…

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Special routing for AOL (gettin' jerked around by Time-Warner)
On Monday, April 07, 2003 7:31 PM [GMT+0530=IST],
Marc Haber <mh+exim-users@???> wrote:

> A pragmatic solution would be to sign up to a freemailer service that
> allows SMTP auth and doesn't force you to use their address in your
> from:, and to configure your local server to relay to AOL through that
> freemailer.

http://www.myrealbox.com for example - allows AUTH and TLS - and quite
reliable, most of the time. I have had sudden periods of time where
myrealbox.com (my backup smarthost for use in case people are blocking
large parts of asia and so take my IP out as well) suddenly accepts mail
and eats it, or delivers it two days late - but these periods are few
and far between, and I have had rock solid stable service from them most
of the time.

--
mallet@??? (Suresh Ramasubramanian)
jaharkes@ravel:/usr/src$ mv linux Gnu/Linux