[Exim] RE: [tpop3d-discuss] virtual domains

Author: Thai Q. Tran
To: 'Exim'
Subject: [Exim] RE: [tpop3d-discuss] virtual domains
Hello everyone,
    I am not claiming that this will work or that I have enough
knowledge to say that this is right.  I am using LDAP with tpop3d and I
am able to authenticate for virtual domains without all the typing.  I
am not sure how your sql database is built nor do I know enough about
SQL to tell you.  I'm just thinking that if it is possible for me to use
LDAP it should be very much possible to use SQL in the same way, it just
would depend on your search of the SQL database.  Maybe I'm going about
this all wrong but I'm just using the little logic I have and trying to
help.  My LDAP config is like so, can't you use something like this for
SQL, not literally but in this format somehow?  And I'd like to say
sorry ahead if I'm all wrong and didn't help.  Just trying ;)...

listen-address: 0.0.0.0()
mailbox: maildir:/home/mailspool/$(domain)/$(user)/
append-domain: yes
auth-ldap-enable: yes
auth-ldap-url: ldap://192.168.1.150/o=mye-znet
auth-ldap-searchdn:
auth-ldap-password:
auth-ldap-scope: base
auth-ldap-filter: (&(dc=$(domain))(uid=$(local_part)))
auth-ldap-mailbox-attr: mailMessageStore
auth-ldap-mail-user: nobody
auth-ldap-mail-group: nobody