Re: [Exim] Operating systems

Author: Pierre A. Humblet
To: exim-users
CC: Dickenson, Steven, 'Ian Cox'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Operating systems
On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 08:58:14PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Dickenson, Steven wrote:
>
> > I believe you can run Exim under Cygwin, but I've never tried it.
> > http://www.cygwin.com
>
> It is indeed supposed to work under Cygwin (I added a few minor things
> to the source that the porter sent me), but I know no more either
> because I'm not a Windows user.

It works very well under Cygwin, AFAICT from the lack of bug reports.
I believe it is used primarily at small sites and one would be a
pioneer using it in a production environment.
The main limitation of the port is that it only supports a limited
number of lookups for now (no ldap, no mysql).
Both Cygwin and Exim are easy to download and install using the
setup program available on the Cygwin site.

Pierre