[Exim] Strewth!

Author: Konrad Michels
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Strewth!
Hi folks

This one has taken me a little unexpectedly - was wondering though about
the wisdom of raising the topic of Exim filters again here after the
last poor bloke got flamed!

Since he raised the issue of filters, I figured I'd play a little! So,
setup a .forward file with a simple "unseen deliver . . ." in it after
the standard "# Exim filter" line, doing this all as a local user etc
etc . . .

However, I get a very interesting little message in the exim log, to the
effect of:

2003-04-07 14:58:12 192X8T-0001Ok-00 == email@???
R=userforward defer (-1): bad mode (0100664) for /home/email/.forward:
020 bit(s) unexpected

Am I having a blonde moment here? I've just re-read the filter spec for
the umpteenth time and can't find a reference to anything particular
being needed with regard to file modes for the .forward file!

Doing an ls -al in the user dir gives:
-rw-rw-r--    1 email email      324 Apr  7 14:57 .forward

which I could have sworn was correct . . . .

Am I missing something obvious here?

Later
Konrad

(off to find my asbestos suit - just in case . . .)

*
* Konrad Michels
* System Administrator
* Surfkitchen Limited