[Exim] ACL, warn, and adding header lines

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] ACL, warn, and adding header lines
Hi,

I have a acl_check_rcpt access list that contains the following:

|warn message = X-Broken-Reverse-DNS: no host name for for IP address $sender_host_address
|    verify = reverse_host_lookup

Judging from the documentation, I would expect that header to be added
if the sending host does not have correct reverse DNS. But that header
is not added.

When I change warn to require, the message is rejected correctly.

What am I doing wrong?

Greetings
Marc