[Exim] Question about quotes in local part

Author: Nils Weisensee
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Question about quotes in local part
Hi!

Does exim have a problem with incoming mails with a from: field like
this one?

Nils O. Weisensee <nweisensee01@???>

The name is without quotes. I know that this violates the standard, but
I think I read that exim tolerates that... doesn't it?

I just ask, because: My e-mails are fetched by fetchmail and then passed
to exim and then piped through the .forward file to a python script.
Somehow, the from: field becomes corrupted, and looks like
NilsO.Weisensee, without any correct address left.

Does anybody know if exim could cause the problem, or if Python has a
problem with these kind of addresses? It's strange, because on another
machine that uses the same Python script, but qmail instead of exim, the
problem does not exist. I use exim 3.35.

Thanks,
NilS

--
Please: Don't send chain letters or hoaxes!
More information at www.hoax-info.de
Mail Key: 7d87f6d78f876fgf7cds87f6