Re: [Exim] stress testing exim

Author: Philip Hazel
To: ronny
CC: Nico Erfurth, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] stress testing exim
On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 ronny@??? wrote:

> The standard acl is generating tons of dns traffic as it tries to
> verify the addresses. Apparently this is not cached ... or I missed a
> setting here...

The standard recommendation for busy Exim boxes is to ensure that you
have fast access to a caching DNS server - either on the same box or on
the local fast LAN. Exim doesn't do caching of DNS data - it leaves it
to the DNS server (on the principle of not re-inventing wheels).

You might also investigate the Exim option "same_domain_copy_routing"
for the dnslookup router. This is not enabled by default, but if you
know that all addresses in the same domain should route in the same way,
you can avoid routing each of them individually. The default does not
have this option set, to be on the safe side - because it is possible in
general that the routing might depend on the local part.