Re: [Exim] stress testing exim

Author: Mike Richardson
To: Ronny Vaningh
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] stress testing exim
On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 03:59:02PM +0100, Ronny Vaningh wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to persuade my boss to migrate our mailsystems to exim.
>
> I tried to stress test my mailserver running 4.12.
>
> The hardware is a dual P3 XEON700 with 1 GB of RAM
> RAID1 message spool and separate RAID1 system/log partition on 10Krpm
> scsi disks.

You don't say if its software or hardware RAID. Mail spool should
be striped across as many spindles as possible. The less time a
mail spends on disk the less time an exim process runs for and thus
a greater rate of processes running.

Apologies if you've already thought of this.

Mike

--
-----Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival.------
Copyright 2002       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing