Re: [Exim] RFC Query

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users, Mills Mr C P
Subject: Re: [Exim] RFC Query
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

> sorry about my extrapolation of the exim specs... I haven't read the
> requirements for the headers format (from 2822), I was just referring
> to the envelope, where the brackets, afaik, are required (RFC 2821).

Brackets are indeed required in the MAIL and RCPT commands, but Exim
does not in fact store envelope addresses with brackets. So both the
suggested rewrites would work for envelopes as well. (When a 'w' rewrite
is done on an envelope address, Exim extracts the "working" address from
the RFC 2822 address.)